• More Info •
How to Schedule a Private Consultation
or Training Lesson
1. Call 561-427-6700 to discuss your
training goals or your dog's behavior
Mindy Cox, BS, CPDT-KSA,
Trainng Director.We will schedule an
appointment that's convenient for you.
2. If you are not currently a client,
please register now so we have complete
information about you and your dog. To
begin the process, please
click here now.
3. We require payment in advance for
As soon as you register, please fill
out the payment form by clicking
here now. Your appointment
is not confirmed until we receive advance
payment so please return it as soon as
possible prior to your appointment.
(For our cancellaton policy, see below.*)
4. If this appointment is for behavior
issues we ask you to fill out the
appropriate consult form and return it
to us as soon as possible
before your scheduled appointment
(click on one of the forms below). If
the appointment is for routine training,
this form may not be necessary.
Consult Form for Behavior Issues
Consult Form for Reactive or Fear Aggression Issues
*Private Lesson Cancellation Policy: You
may cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled
appointment with no charges incurred.
If you cancel with less than 48 hours
notice you will be charged a $25 fee
and the balance of the amount will
go on your cliient account as a credit
to be used for a future appointment.
If you cancel less than 24 hours in
you will be charged a $40 fee with
the balance of the fee as a credit
that can be used toward a future lesson. If you don't provide any notification and don't show up for your scheduled appointment, you will forfeit the entire amount of the consultation fee.
If you would like to be on our emailing list for
classes and events, please contact
us and send us a note or click on the easy button
below to sign up now.
We offer the following classes:
(CLICK on the class title for more info)
/ Manners Classes
(see also Puppy Agility above)
We also do special
events, including seminars, agility and rally run-thrus,
workshops, and private dog parties.
Do I need a club membership
to take a class?
- Find the class you want on the list to the right.
For events, go to the Events page.
- Click the Sign Up button beneath the class description
and fill out the registration form.
- Payment can be cash, check, or credit card.
- You can mail your form, email it, fax it, or you
can sign up by phone. Go to the Contact
Page to find all this info.
- You can also drop off your registration
form in our secure drop box to the left of the front
door at Lucky Dog.
No. Becoming a club member and taking a class are two unrelated things, so you can take a class without being a member and vice versa.
But as a member you have access to Lucky Dog and can
practice whenever you want (when there is no class scheduled).
What are your hours?
An instructor is at Lucky Dog only
when there is a scheduled class or
event. However, we are happy to give
you a tour and discuss classes at your
convenience. Just give Mindy a call
at 561-427-6700 to arrange it.
Do you only offer group
While small group classes are a terrific and more economical
way to train your dog, sometimes your pooch (and you!)
need a little extra help. Call us to schedule a private
Consults & Training •
Private consultations for dogs and puppies of all ages
We can help you find an effective
solution to behavior problems and training issues.
Are you feeling overwhelmed by your dog's behavior?
Is your dog experiencing behavioral problems?
Are you feeling anxious about all the work involved in training your dog or changing your dog's behavior?
Do you want a more well-mannered or responsive dog?
For any of these reasons and more we are happy to provide private, one-on-one consultations, training, and behavior modification. (Private instruction in dog agility is also available.)
Although we also provide training in traditional group class settings, we recognize that sometimes, for a number of reasons, classes are not always the best approach for everyone.
Whether because of busy schedules, dog temperament or behavior issues, or just for the convenience, we believe that these things shouldn’t stand in the way of having a happy and well-trained dog that's a welcome member of your family.
In order to help you and your dog, we’re happy to provide private
training here at Lucky Dog or at your home or other appropriate
environments — tailored to fit the needs of you and your dog.
We often recommend that everyone responsible for training the
dog attend the sessions (unless you opt for Day Training, see
below). If the need for private training is because of a behavioral
issue, we can tailor a training and behavioral modification program
for many behavior problems that occur.
Here are other things you should know. We use no-force, positive-reinforcement methods of training backed by sound scientific learning theory. We have a Certified Professional Dog Trainer who will work with you to develop concrete and realistic solutions to the problems you are facing with your dog, then give you the tools and support you will need to teach your dog good behavior or improve obedience skills.
Training is another option
We can come to your home during the day and train your dog while
It's the perfect solution for:
• Puppy parents who are unable to be home all day. We can help socialize your puppy, take him/her out to potty, train basic behaviors, provide play, exercise and attention.
• Owners who recognize that their dog needs specific training or behavior modification, but simply don't have the time to devote to doing the training themselves;
• Anybody who simply wishes to have a Professional Dog Trainer train their dog for them.
Periodically we will meet with you so we can show you what your
dog has learned and teach you how you can continue the training.
Issues We Can Address
through one-on-one personalized sessions or day training
these are some of the many issues that we can help with:
• Good manners skills (greeting people nicely, walking politely on leash, coming when called, and many others)
• Crate training
• Destructive behavior
• Dashing out the door
• Fear aggression toward other dogs outside the home
• Jumping up on people
• Fear aggression toward people.
• Lack of focus or impulse control
• Preparing your dog for the arrival of the new baby.
• Building a solid and safe relationship between your new puppy
or dog and the kids (see the Family Dog All Stars Program below).
• We can also schedule private instruction in dog agility.
Private training is the right choice if:
• Your dog has specific behavior issues that are not addressed in a group class or make your dog an inappropriate candidate for group class;
• Your dog does not get along well with other dogs or people;
• Your dog has difficulty focusing around other dogs or in new places;
• You have a schedule that makes attending a group class difficult;
• You prefer the one-on-one focus of the trainer that private training provides;
• You are in a group class but want some extra help.
Your private consultation and training includes several steps.
• Discuss your dog's behavior & medical history
• Discuss your goals for your dog in detail
• Learn some basics on how dogs learn and positive reinforcement
• Outline a behavior & training program
• Work with you and your dog, teaching you both the skills needed to lessen problems and increase the reliability of appropriate behavior
• Provide a written report of the session and handouts to help ensure your success
as you continue to practice at home.
Family Dog All Stars Program
the perfect solution for families with kids between the ages
of 4 and 9 years of age. We will help you engage your children
in learning the correct and safe ways to interact with that new
puppy or rescue dog,
building a long-lasting, happy relationship. There are lots
of short interactive and fun videos that will keep your kids
involved and you learning. Your puppy or adult dog is also involved
in the learning process, gaining new skills to be a valued and
polite member of the family.
find out more about this wonderful program that is perfect and special for the whole family.
Call Mindy Cox, B.S., CPDT-KSA
(or email )
to learn more about how we can help you have the well-behaved
dog you are happy to share your life with.
Mindy Cox and
good friend Zander.